The Middle Rhine Valley is a World Heritage Site because of its amazing castles! It has all kinds. For the Seven Kingdoms series, I chose a tollbooth castle, a fortress, a fort with tunnels, a fairy tale garden, a cloaking wall, a castle with ravens, and a hidden castle.
Here are handy links for mini-tours for:
- Saffron Kingdom (Burg Rheinfels in St. Goar)
- Magenta Kingdom (Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz)
- Cochem Kingdom (Reichsburg Cochem),
- Fairy Kingdom (near Kall on the “Traumpfad” path of dreams), and
- Blackfly Kingdom (800-year-old tollbooth on the Rhine).
Koblenz is the next stop in our Tour of the Seven Kingdoms! This fairy tale world is inspired by real castles in the Rhine and
Click here to see the original book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKnBqRCGOA
When we travel these days, we often drive or fly. In earlier times, the rivers were the highways. Big and long rivers, like the Rhine
Last week, our local library visited the German publisher Kiepenheuer & Witsch in Cologne. Their offices look right out on the Cologne Cathedral. Their location