The Middle Rhine Valley is a World Heritage Site because of its amazing castles! It has all kinds. For the Seven Kingdoms series, I chose a tollbooth castle, a fortress, a fort with tunnels, a fairy tale garden, a cloaking wall, a castle with ravens, and a hidden castle.
Here are your mini-tours for:
- Saffron Kingdom (Burg Rheinfels in St. Goar)
- Magenta Kingdom (Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz)
- Cochem Kingdom (Reichsburg Cochem),
- Fairy Kingdom (near Kall on the “Traumpfad” path of dreams), and
- Blackfly Kingdom (800-year-old tollbooth on the Rhine).
More tours coming soon:
- Indigo Kingdom (Stolzenfels), and
- Marigold Kingdom (Burg Eltz).
For more, videos and resources about the World Heritage Site region that inspired the Seven Kingdoms world, visit the Readers page.
If you’d like to stay in touch, sign up for my Readers List. Once a month, I share a new book recommendation for readers ages 9 to 12, story-related freebies, and/or related blog posts. If it’s not your thing, you can unsubscribe at any time.