Author Justine Laismith has a great page of school resources introducing Chinese culture for ages 9 to 13 years. The videos, activities, and photos are related to her book SECRETS OF THE GREAT FIRE TREE.
These wonderful activities cover lots of interesting topics:
- Chinese culture and diversity: (make a dragon boat out of paper!!)
- Literacy (story setting, media, book trailer)
- STEM (science of some fascinating trees)
- Art/Craft (sketches, Chinese dress, vehicle design)
- Drama (celebrity interview, Chinese Opera)
- Humanities (History, Geography, Religious and Moral Education)
- Wellbeing (Absent parents, treasures, needs and wants, bullying)
If you’d like to stay in touch, sign up for my Reader’s List. Once a month, I share a new book recommendation for readers ages 9 to 12, story-related freebies, and/or related blog posts. If it’s not your thing, you can unsubscribe at any time.