During the COVID-19 Pandemic, resources for students have popped up everywhere. Here are the ones I’ve checked out and found interesting so far. I’ll add more as I find them.
Stay safe at home!
Children’s Authors + Illustrators
- Justine Laismith explores China here.
- Jarrett Lerner draws comics here.
- Sign up for a virtual illustrator visit with Debbie Ohi here on Flipgrid.
- Check out Kate Messner‘s extensive author resources list here.
- Draw Disney characters
- Catherine Friess’ StorySnug, a wonderful blog about picture books and activities.
Free Library of Philadelphia: includes link to author/illustrator Mo Willems’ LUNCH DOODLES, craft ideas via Instructables, Oprah Winfrey read aloud, Spring Reading Challenge and materials from children’s publishers and filmmakers.
The British Library: Thanks to Catherine Friess for this tip: “If your children are home & you’re looking for children’s book related activities check out the Discovering Children’s Books section.”