During the COVID-19 Pandemic, resources for students have popped up everywhere. Here are the ones I’ve checked out and found interesting so far. I’ll add more as I find them.
Stay safe at home!
Children’s Authors + Illustrators
- Dive under the ice in the Antarctic with Kirsten Carlson’s Undersea Illuminations video (Scroll down to the video after you click. Then find Kirsten Carlson’s project and click View Project to watch UNDERSEA ILLUMINATIONS) I couldn’t find a direct link for the video: It’s 4 minutes of amazing art and science!)
- Justine Laismith explores China here.
- Jarrett Lerner draws comics here.
- Sign up for a virtual illustrator visit with Debbie Ohi here on Flipgrid.
- Check out Kate Messner‘s extensive author resources list here.
- Draw Disney characters
- Catherine Friess’ StorySnug, a wonderful blog about picture books and activities.
Free Library of Philadelphia: includes link to author/illustrator Mo Willems’ LUNCH DOODLES, craft ideas via Instructables, Oprah Winfrey read aloud, Spring Reading Challenge and materials from children’s publishers and filmmakers.
The British Library: Thanks to Catherine Friess for this tip: “If your children are home & you’re looking for children’s book related activities check out the Discovering Children’s Books section.”