WHY I WRITE FOR AGES 9 to 12:
The joys we discover early can turn into life-long fascinations. My books challenge readers ages 9 to 12 to open ALL the doors in their lives.
Until we reach retirement age, most of us will never again have a window of time, energy, and brain power like this.
My books are about enjoying reading superpowers and imagining delightfully silly places, while discovering life’s possibilities.
Laurel Decher lives on the outskirts of a mid-sized city in Germany, between a medieval chapel on the St. James’ Way and a boundary marker tree carved with a scary face. It’s a little surprising, since she expected to live in Vermont for the rest of her life. You just never know when adventure will call!
Download PRESS KIT
Author Bio with headshot and links to social media accounts
Download Book Covers + Info Sheets + Reviews
BUMPITY BOULEVARD PRESS
- First book in Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tales series published in October, 2018.
- Specializes in books for smart readers ages 9 to 12. If you’re looking for books for high-level readers with age-appropriate content, you’ve come to the right place.
- Locations: Peacham, Vermont and Bonn, Germany.
- Books are available in ebook, Kindle, paperback and hardcover formats from online retailers and by special order.
Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tales
Bumpity Boulevard Press publishes the Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tales, hilarious adventures with a side of life skills.
Bumpity Boulevard Press
Author Visits/On the Go Workshops
- Ace Reporter Bridget: How to work a notebook.
- Speech or Die: How kids can run a meeting.
- Prince Nero’s Guide to finding your way
- Virtual trip to the places in Germany that inspired the Seven Kingdoms.
The Winged Pen (blog): “Laurel Decher talks Trouble With Parsnips and Self-Publishing” (26 Sept 2018)
Book Echoes (podcast): “Laurel Decher on writing middle grade and the value of speaking up” (24 April 2019)
Awesome Gang (blog): “Trouble With Parsnips by Laurel Decher” (17 Oct 2019)
If you’d like to stay in touch, sign up for my Reader’s List. Once a month, I share a new book recommendation for readers ages 9 to 12, story-related freebies, and/or related blog posts. If it’s not your thing, you can unsubscribe at any time.